The grounds of a 1930’s era neighborhood school served as the site for the first new school construction in the parish in twenty years. The program called for classrooms from Pre-K to fifth grade, a gymnasium, library, administration, and a full service cafeteria. Playgrounds and site amenities were completed following the demolition of the original building.
An “L” shaped layout was implemented to allow the original school to remain in operation while the new school was under construction. The school’s massing responds to the surrounding residential scale and careful consideration given to the selection of color, pattern, and material effectively allows the school to blend into its neighborhood context.